*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Saturday 27 December 2008

On the Third Day of Christmas....

********************
" On the third day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree."
********************
If this was a song of Christian instruction, then it was believed that the Three French Hens refered to Faith, Hope and Charity, the Theological Virtues.....lol....
********************

2 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Good heavens, I'm reading like crazy to catch up, thought you truly were offline until 2009 -- of course we ladies can change our minds, that's our right and our tendency, too!

Enjoying the posts and the vintage images you have up!!!

KernowWitch said...

Sorry, but I am predictably unpredictable!!!! I didn't intend posting again until after the wedding, which is Wednesday....help! that's not long. So much to do, so little time...lol...Glad you're enjoying it though. Off now to visit friends who have friends from Wales staying, should be a good laugh. Then out again tomorrow night for a quick drink with son & his friends before they head off to a nightclub...me I will head home for bed. It's like buses, don't have nights out for months then all come at once....Hugs Chrissy x