*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Wednesday 31 December 2008

On the Seventh Day of Christmas......

"On the seventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree."
~~~~~
(7 Swans A-swimming refers to the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit,
the seven sacraments or so its believed?).....
~~~~~
On the Seventh Day of Christmas my son will soon be married.....He's just walked in wearing part of his suit and his waistcoat, does he look handsome or what. Hard to believe that my son who stands before me is getting married today, where have the years gone....Well I've finished my coffee so off to finish getting dressed myself for the big day.....lol....
********************

2 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Hope your day and your son's day is filled with joy, best of luck and many wishes for his happiness, and Best Wishes to the bride as well!

KernowWitch said...

Thank you for your kind wishes Holly. The day went well. That's it, my son has flown the coop. I hope he has a great life with his new wife Jane and family, I will always be here for him....Hugs & Happy New Year....Chrissy x