*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Thursday 25 December 2008

IT'S CHRISTMAS........

********************
********************
Ok, I know I said I wouldn’t be back until 2009 but hey a girl can change her mind can’t she!!. I’d had a lovely Christmas lunch and afternoon with my neighbours family, parents and siblings of my ‘adopted’ daughter and friend Charlotte, aka ‘Tiger Charlotte’ after her journey with the big cat (see her pic in the previous post)....Charlotte & I are aka The Nutty Nannies where Korenza is concerned but that’s another story!!!!......but I digress. The reason I had lunch with my neighbours from across the road, literally (not far to stagger back home...hehe...) is because hubby was working until 4am this morning and is working again tonight, so I was kindly invited out for lunch. They are like family anyway so it was nice to relax with them, a dinner and Christmas pud was plated for Andy so he didn’t miss out. I’m cooking tomorrow so he will be spoilt again as he is also working tomorrow night. I don’t really mind as I used to nurse so worked many a Christmas.....but I’m rambling on. Once back at the Hovel I thought I would go through my emails while drinking a nice mug of cappuccino!! While doing so I spotted a comment from last week from Gina of Cat Nap Inn Primitives, oops forgot to answer it and yes I’d been tagged......
********************
********************


So I thought before my menopausal memory loss kicks in again I would try and think of six random things about myself.....not easy, I struggled last time but I will give it a go......Thank you Gina. If you want to feel Christmassy then go visit her blog. There are some great snow pics and there’s even been a sprinkling of snow today where Gina lives, a white Christmas, how cool is that. You will find the link in my blog list because I have not yet worked out how to put a link behind a name in a post itself, so any help with this would be appreciated.......
********************


********************
Now with tagging the rules are:

Rule #1 ~ Link to the person that tagged you.
Rule #2 ~
Post the rules on your Blog.
Rule #3 ~ Write 6 random things about yourself.
Rule #4 ~
Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
Rule #5 ~
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their Blog.
Rule #6 ~
Let the tagger know your entry is up.
********************


Again who to tag? So I will invite all who visit here to tag themselves and please let me know. I would love to know more about you, so in the spirit of the season please have a go. If I can then I know you guys can too....lol... Well here goes.....


********************
  • I used to be a psychiatric staff nurse when I lived in Nottinghamshire. Loved it but sadly due to an injury at work was medically retired at aged 38.....
  • I got married for the first time at aged 41 after being a single-parent for 12 years
  • I would have loved a house full of children but sadly had 3 miscarriages
  • I am predictably unpredictable, if that makes sense. I have a fantastic mum, hubby, son and friends who understand my neurotic quirky ways (they must do because they are still here for me...hehe...)
  • I'm not very organised and tend to leave everything to the last minute but work better under pressure.
  • I talk too much & too fast when I’m nervous and also talk with my hands even when I’m on the phone!!!!

********************

Well there you are, 6 not that unusual things about me......but back to Christmas, one of my favourite times of the year. I have yet to finish watching all of my usual Christmas films. I just may watch ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’ tonight, this film does make me laugh. And it is the first day of Christmas after all, only 11 more to go........lol....

********************

“On the first day of Christmas,

my true love sent to me

A partridge in a pear tree.”

********************


We are all familiar with the seasonal rhythm The Twelve Days Christmas and according to most of the Western Church the first day begins on December 25. So on this First Day of Christmas I would like to wish you all you wish yourselves...
I have always associated this children’s song with Christmas and just that but the specific origins of the song are not known. It is said by some that it began as a "Memories-and-Forfeits" game and suggested by others that it is a song of hidden Christian instruction stemming from the religious wars in 16th century England. It is said that ‘True Love’ refers to God and the partridge in a pear tree is Jesus Christ, what do you think? Regardless of its origin I will always associate this song with Christmas....


********************


********************

I hope you guys had a great day, lots of pressies and didn’t eat too much!!!! I’ve been doing well with losing weight now I’m back at Slimming World and thought we would have a break this holiday being as the meetings fall on a Thursday....no such luck. There is a class this Saturday morning and one next Friday, our leader has no mercy!!!. I am going because the class is held only across the road from me, so no escape....lol...Until next time, which may be tomorrow on the second Day of Christmas...hehe....

********************

Christmas comes but once a year,

And when it comes it brings good cheer.

********************


4 comments:

Debra said...

Merry Christmas form America Chrissy!
Glad you had a nice day!

KernowWitch said...

Thanks Deb and a Merry Christmas to you & yours, hope you had a good day. Boxing Day is already here and I am just going to veg out today....Hugs Chrissy x

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

OH My gosh do we have lots in common..I talk to fast to and with my hands....I also work better under pressure too...I will have to tell my hubby to go and buy me more presents since this is the 1st day...lol...glad you had a nice christmas even without the hubs there...I have missed many a christmas too without the hubs as he was gone to sea on a submarine...he is retired now...so that is nice...have a great weekend...:)
Hugs~
Gina :)
love christmas vacation too..we just watched it..have you seen the christmas story...we love that one...

KernowWitch said...

Scary isn't it Gina!!! Can you imagine us in the same room, our poor hubbies...hehe...Your hubby must have been away for long periods, at least Andy comes home every day...
Don't you just love that film, the poor cat though...Lol...Hugs Chrissy x