*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Wednesday 10 December 2008

********************

********************
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY KORENZA
********************
Special hugs and kisses to my step-granddaughter Korenza on her first birthday today. I hope she had a super time. Sadly I was not able to see her today due to my being very poorly with flu (curtsey of my husband Andy who had ‘man-flu’ at the weekend!!!!!) but I did see her yesterday. ....
***************
Korenza with granddad Andy in November 2008
Just look at those eyelashes!!!!


***************
I have heard she had fun opening her presents and had a birthday lunch with her nana Helen and gt. Grandmother, so no doubt she was spoilt, as she should be....
***************
The weather has been very cold today and despite being poorly I had a visit from some friends. One is just getting over the flu so I hope I do not give it to my other two friends.... I still have so much to do in the house but obviously not up to doing anything at the mo. The builders are here again at the end of the week so hopefully I will be able to at least clean the house at the weekend. I usually have all my Christmas decs up by now but not even a sprig of holly adorns my house. I did start to feel a little Christmassy at the weekend when we went to visit friends who had moved back to Hayle, they already have their tree up. Plus, when we went to finalize the wedding reception details at the The Watermill I spied a leaflet for the local Christmas church services ........
***************

Front of church leaflet
***************
Christopher and Jane had originally chosen another place but decided to have their reception at The Watermill at Lelant Downs near Hayle. It is a quaint old place which I much prefer to their first choice, The Old Quay House, Hayle. The Watermill was originally a corn mill known as Trevethoe Mill until 1876. After this date the mill served as a water pump to Trevethoe village until 1970....The place has an olde world feel to it and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of its’ former occupants still visit!!!!.....
****************

The Watermill
Photo taken 1996 by Martin Bodmin

***************

Part of the room where the reception will be held
Christopher & Jane can arrange the room how they like
***************
Part of the gardens at the Watermill
This would make a great place for a photograph

***************

While in the bar area I spied a poster on the wall and cheekily asked if they had a spare one. You’ll see why I wanted one.....

***************

‘’Betty Stogs was a native of the Cornish Celtic Nation.
She was unkempt& lazy, could never mend her stockings,
Couldn’t knit or cook and liked a drop of ale.
Her child was taken from her by the ‘’Small People’’,
Washed in morning dew and returned.
The shock of which turned Betty into a reformed character.
Sort of!!’’

~ Cornish Folklore ~

********************

What a fitting ‘Queen of Cornish Ales’...hehe.......Well, I'm off to make a Lem-Sip and will be tucking myself into bed shortly, flu and me don't mix well.....Take care until next time...lol...

********************

A One-year-old child is so many things --

A tiny discoverer of butterfly wings,

A hugger of Teddies,

A sweet sleepyhead,

And someone to dream for in bright years ahead...


********************


4 comments:

Genie said...

Get well Soon.
haapy birthday to korenza
and Happy Xmas to you

KernowWitch said...

Thanks for your well wishes Genie and I will give Korenza a hug from you when I see her tomorrow...Hard to believe Christmas is nearly here, I love Christmas. Regardless of the cement dust my tree goes up next week, I can always imagine it's frost!!!!...lol....Hugs Chrissy x

KernowWitch said...

ooops!! And a merry Christmas to you too Genie....Hugs Chrissy x

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hi there from across the pond as you say! thank you for stopping by my blog..I see you love kittys as much as I do...we have 8..Thanks for the kind words left on my blog...glad to see that there are normal folks like us left that believe in Christmas and Santa etc...I hope you and yours have a very merry christmas..I am adding you to my daily reads..:)
Gina :)