*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Wednesday 13 April 2011

No Blue Skies or Sunshine Today

******************

******************


The sun has left the Cornish coast and left in its place that wet thing called rain. Where a cloudless blue sky was my view for nearly a week grey skies have decided to visit. Yet I mustn't complain because we have been lucky with the weather. I hope the sun shines again over Easter though, rain does spoil a good Easter Egg Hunt..lol..


~~~~~~~


What a busy time I had last week. All my good intentions to blog before now were hindered by the many things that kept me busy. The highlight of my week was a visit to the hospital last Tuesday because I got to see all three grandees...I had travelled by train and bus to get to the hospital (at times like this I wish I could drive). While sat outside waiting for my family to arrive I was reading a book and sipping hot chololate when suddenly a voice alerted me. 'Nanny, Nanny' shouted one excited two-year old who couldn't get to me fast enough. The sight of a child with such pleasure on his face warms my heart. Well for the next half-hour Dylan and I had a super time just one to one which is rare....


~~~~~~~


My next stop was the neo-natal unit to visit my youngest grandee Blake and this time I got to hold him. What a joy to see him progressing so well with no tubes other that the feeding one at this time. He now feeds independently and could well be home next week. I feel that is too soon as he is not yet 5lbs but that is how they do it today...



**********************



Poor little mite had just been a little sick so clean clothes

were called for but after photos..lol..



Hasn't he done well in such a short time. He has pulled the

tube out his nose once or twice..lol..



**********************


Next stop was to go and collect my grandaughter from nursery. She didn't know I would be there. When she first saw daddy she smiled but when I stepped from behind him she jumped up and with a beaming smile proudly proclaimed to every one 'That's my Nanny' and proceeded to run towards me. I scooped her into my arms where I was rewarded with a big hug and lots of smiles. Moments like this are priceless and the joy I felt today with my three grandees more than makes up for all the stress of late....


~~~~~~~


Next stop was for a Mcdonalds for the grandees & co and as you can see by the photos below they enjoyed it. I just wish that the little ones had a plate or something but hey....



**********************



'This is good'


What a mischievous smile!!

That Smile! Ever the Comedium **********************


I know it's obvious that I love my grandees to bits..lol.. but I would like to show who else does, their daddy. The photos below are some of my favourites because they show the bond and love my son and his children have. Soon Blake will also have a photo like this...


**********************



Korenza's 3rd Birthday


Taken August 2010




**********************


As you know I am a family historian but for sometime I have not done anything. Well, that changed after watching Who Do You Think You Are USA. It only set me off again and I have been updating my Ballaam family. Thank goodness I'm a member of ancestry.co.uk, its invaluable with many, many records. The last person I was researching was a Ernest Sidney Doncaster, the son of my gt. aunt Eliza Jane Doncaster nee Ballaam. Ernest is my mum's first cousin but unfortunately died in WW1 aged 20. I would like to introduce you to him by way of showing his photograph here....



**********************



Ernest Sidney Doncaster 1898-1918




**********************


Talking of history I recently discovered a piece of history on the street where I live. I have only walked passed this spot many times over the last 12 years and never noticed it!!! It was only when a new splash of blue caught my eye that I stop to read the plaque. After reading about 'a national long distant milestone' I only started to look around to see where it was, what a nit-wit I am. Obviously the plaque would have been placed next to it..lol..You'll see by the photos how close!!...



**********************


Not far from the newly sited plaque!!!

Part of a series running through Cornwall to Land's End. Early 19th century and one of four in Hayle


**********************

Another day last week was spent with my very good friend Hilary and the weather being what it was we went for a leisurely walk and finished with a visit to a very small garden centre. It is actually in someone's garden and conveniently just behind my house.......


**********************



Just around the corner, literally, from where I live


To the right are the greenhouses and where the

owner prepares her plants


What a great idea for an old chair

Bits n Bobs among the flower pots







Any container will do..lol..



Nice box. I have a watering can like this



Sunshine and flowers



What a great hide-away




**********************

It's certainly been a mixed bag today but life would be boring if each day was the same. Until next time take care..Hugs Chrissy xx

**********************




No comments: