*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy Mothering Sunday & A New Grandson For Me

***************************

***************************

****************************

****************************


Hello Everyone, I hope you had a good Mothering Sunday. I have never been one for fuss on this day and I got all I needed when my son telephoned me to say 'Happy Mother's Day'



********************




********************


What I did with my day however was very productive. I attempted to post here much earlier and sat down with a coffee to do so. Then I realized that one of the postcards I wanted was no where to be seen......So off I went to look through my piles of paperwork, etc, waiting to be sorted. Well, four hours later after re-arranging drawers, material, paperwork, etc I finally found the postcard. It was a job needing doing but not planned for today. So for the want of a postcard I tackled some jobs and felt good afterwards...


~~~~~~~


It is good to be back blogging and I hope to be back on track generally with the way my life was before 35 months ago...yes I counted the months from when our string of bad luck began. Many, Many things have happened and unfortunately are still occuring but I have mentally placed myself in a more positive place. The latest thing to occur was a visit to the vets with my cat yesterday, my dog to the vets last week and the car breaking down the week before. This is nothing to what has occurred prior to this but too many to mention. The most worring however was illnesses for both hubby & I. Andy had a heart attack in October 2010 followed by myself being treated for a suspected deep vein thrombosis. Fortunately Andy is ok though on meds for the rest of his life. I have been pretty poorly since with falls, hospital procedures & generally not my usual self.......but as I said I've put that behind me & here I am..lol...


~~~~~~~


I would like to take this opportunity to say sorry to some very dear friends in Australia & the US for not being in touch for some time. You have been in my thoughts and I will write & explain.....


~~~~~~~


Well, less of the doom and gloom and let me tell you my news. I am a nana again for the third time. Blake Christopher Cal-el Doyle was born March 20 at 7:19 pm by emergency section and weighing 4lbs 8ozs. Despite being 8 weeks prem he is doing really well. I haven't seen him for nearly 2 weeks due to my having a cold & chesty cough so obviously could not visit the neo-natal unit. I hope to see him tomorrow.....



********************


Here's the little man snug in the womb before he decided to come early


********************


My son was with his partner for 24 hours before the section was performed. Me & grandad had the other two little ones. Below is a picture of my son in scrubs with his daughter looking very confused. It was funny afterwards because she saw someone else later wearing scrubs & called him daddy..lol..


********************





'Is this my Daddy?'



Blake but two hours old


Holding his own, bless him




'Is that my baby brother Blake'



Blake in daddy's arms at 9 days old, no tubes! Hurray...

********************

I do not envy my son the work with three young children but hes a great dad who loves his kids. I'm very proud of him.....


********************


PRATT'S MARKET RE-OPENS


I don't know if you recall when I posted about the fire at Pratt's Market.....I know I can hear you say that I have not posted many times in the last twelve months so how could you..lol..


In February 2010 the place caught fire and although the front part of it opened before Christmas the rear part of the building didn't. Begining of March all of the units were opened for business once again with a new look....



********************



Pratt's Market March 2011. Former Methodist Chapel


********************



At the rear of the building are three units designed just for me..lol....Beauticians, Charity Shop and tearooms. What more could a girl ask for. I enter Beautiful U for my treatments (eyebrow wax & electrolosis, painful I know!!!). Then nip into Brother Wolf charity shop. I have to support them, Sally who owns this rescues cats....I do take things in as well, honest..lol..

After all this I need a coffee & lunch. Couldn't resist if I wanted to, the aromas from this place are heavenly. Sonia, the proprietor of Duckies Vintage Tearooms, makes everything from scratch...yummy..So every Wednesday from 11 am this is where you'll find me....


~~~~~~~


If you follow me I will take you on a tour of Pratts Market's lower floor....




********************



Duckies Tearooms, Brother Wolf & Beautiful U


Beautiful U




Brother Wolf


Duckies Vintage Tearooms
















Sonia mumbling under her breath (she doesn't like her photo being taken!)





Tearoom Menu


********************



Now to the other units on the lower floor


********************



This unit was a sweet shop until recently.....good old traditional ones!!!




The sweet shop becomes The Sleepy Hollow, owned by my friend Allie & hubby

(I will be posting more photos for this on my blog Away With The Faerys')





The Wool & Material Shop (photo taken in December)

Very useful now I'm knitting again for the grandees..




Jewlery Shop


KUSH Kids



********************


Now to my all time favourite shop......And you'll see why


********************






Shelly is Sonia's mum...














********************


I have more photos of the inside of the shop but I will save that for another day. There are other units upstairs but I have not had chance to take any photos of them....

~~~~~~~

It's great to be back and until next time take care....Hugs Chrissy xx



********************








No comments: