*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Tuesday 1 July 2008

Three More Memorial Plaques Stolen


An update on the stolen Memorial Plaque.....I cannot believe it, the thieves only went back last night and stole a further three!!!! The theft of the first plaque was initially spotted by a professional sculptor who had been contracted by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to restore all 113 bronze plaques on the city memorial. It's feared they will go for scrap and will only be worth a few hundred pounds yet to replace them will cost around £2000 each......I'm appalled by this act.......Hugs Chrissy x

A news report can be seen at the link below

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Disgraceful-thieves-steal-plaques-memorial/article-201577-detail/article.html

No comments: