*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Wednesday 29 February 2012

In Memory Of A Friend & The Loss Of A Teenage Heart-throb...


Hello from the Hovel...I apologise now if this post seems a bit sad but then again it is also a celebration of someone's life and the mark they made on my life....

Today marks the anniversary of the loss of a dear friend and neighbour, Rob Gray. Technically it is March 1st but with it being a Leap Year Rob's first anniversary of his passing falls on today....

Rob seen here with his wife Jen...

Rob was only 47 when he died following a long illness. He was an amazing, funny and genuine guy and he and Jen were a fantastic couple. I so admired Jen's strength and grace. Thinking of you both today.....


One of the floral tributes at Rob's funeral...


Another floral tribute...yes he loved his bikes...

I often wondered why funeral has the word fun at the begining!!!!!

R.I.P. dear Rob.....

Davy Jones as I remember him...

And today also brought some news that was a shock....Davy Jones died following a heart attack aged 66....
I was merrily writing about Leap Year on my other blog
Away With The Faerys when my husband calmly proclaimed 'Oh yes, I forgot to tell you Davy Jones has died today'
....I was shocked, he was my heart-throbe from when I was a wee lass, well a young 12 year old. The Monkees, especially Davy Jones, are part of my memories when growing up. I can remember my friend Linda and I sitting in the park talking about The Monkees. I liked Davy Jones and she liked Peter Tork, and as young girls do, we talked about saving our money to travel to America to meet them...lol..Oh to have that innocence and faith again....



I watched each episode of The Monkees religiously and bought albums of their music, which I still have. One of my all time favourites was, and still is, Daydream Believer....Whenever I hear a track from The Monkees I am that young girl again and smile at the dreams my friend and I had...







He never lost his youthful charm and it is so sad that another talent has left us too soon. R.I.P. Davy Jones, you were part of my youth and always will be...


The Monkees...Mike Nesmith, Davy Jones, Peter Tork and Micky Dolenz...

Now onto a lighter note. Memories may take you back to your youth, and for a moment in time you may be a young girl again, but today I am a proud nana.....I love this photo of my two oldest grandees Dylan and Korenza. Taken when they were staying with recently, adorable...



Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy xx



********************
'You can shed tears that he is gone. Or you can smile because he lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that he will come back,

Or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left'
********************




No comments: