*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Friday 13 April 2012

Happy Friday The 13th.....



Hello from the Hovel on Friday the 13th. Do you see it as a lucky day or as many do a day for bad luck?....I'll be honest I didn't realise it was Friday the 13th until late afternoon when I went to write up some notes. Has it been a day of bad luck for me? Stressful at times, yes, busy, yes, but unlucky, I don't think so. But then again there has been so much going on of late I probably wouldn't notice..lol....


Like with many day to day things people have a genuine fear of Friday the 13th. And like many medical terms, the words are long and difficult to say, well for me anyway (says she a former nurse..lol..)....See if you agree....

· Friggatriskaidekaphobia: the fear of Friday the 13th because Frigga is the name of the Norse goddess for whom "Friday" is named...
· Triskaidekaphobia: meaning fear of the number thirteen...
· Paraskevidekatriaphobia: made up of the Greek words: Paraskeví, meaning "Friday" and dekatreís, meaning "thirteen" attached to phobía, meaning "fear''...


How did you do? For those who do have this phobia or any other I do feel for them....Regardless, I wish you luck today and every day.

Until next time, take care....Hugs Chrissy xx



No comments: