*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Monday 5 March 2012

Happy St. Piran's Day....



Happy St. Piran's Day to all our Cornish friends across the globe. Thankfully the weather stayed dry and sunny here in Cornwall, although a little chilly. No doubt there will have been many events today to celebrate the life of St. Piran, the patron saint of Cornwall. But for me it was a brisk walk up the hill and back to see the nurse at my local surgery. Why is that they have a doctor's surgery at the top of a hill. I often joke that they should have a oxygen supply ready for me for when I get there, not as fit as I once was...lol...

St. Piran flag flying proudly. If you look closely you can just see it through the bushes

A better view here. Hope the owners don't mind my showing it on my blog...

There will be many St. Piran flags flying today. I have written more about St. Piran on my Away With The Faerys Blog......


Nearly home, I live just around the corner from the white house at the bottom, in fact next door.....



This is a lovely peice of green land. It used to have swings, etc, but sadly they were vandalised.....


Beautiful flowers in front of a Cornish wall...


A glance back to where I had just walked...


Two seagulls, quite now. They had been squaking very loudly just before I took this photo...


I did enjoy my walk, I felt very invigorated when I returned home and promptly settled down to drink a a well-deserved cappuccino....


Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy xx




No comments: