*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Monday 5 December 2011

Happy Birthday Dad....


*********************

*********************

'Thinking of you on your birthday dad, we talk of you still. We haven't forgotten you, and we never will'.


*********************


Hello from the Hovel on a chilly December day. A special day for me because it is my dad's birthday on the 5th of December. He would have been 87 if he had lived. I wish you were here dad so I could give you a hug but I send you one with lots of love......


My dad when young...


Sadly I cannot visit my dad's grave as he is buried over 3oo miles away but he is in my heart....


Flowers still blooming on the last day of November.........

What a busy few weeks I have had, especially last week. I had my son and my three grandees staying with me due to a family crisis and after ten days they returned to their home on Saturday...phew!!!! It is now quite and tidy since their return..lol..but I got to see them again today however....
~~~~~~~
But what a week we had last week...The worst day would have to be Wednesday, especially for my two oldest grandees. The morning began very early and was hectic to say the least. My son and the little one had a hospital appointment and I was left in charge of Korenza and Dylan. The mission was to get these two little ones to their nursery in the next town... easier said than done....
Not being a driver myself public transport was the order of the day. So finally after much ado we arrived at the train station only to discover the train had been cancelled....and the next one also. No problem, contact the helpline....wrong!!! After 6 calls to the Unhelpfull helpline and with no satisfaction we were still stood on a very cold and windy station....





'Ok Nana, we're getting bored now'


Only one thing to do, phone hubby (he works for a taxi company some 5 miles away in St. Ives). Bless him, he sent a taxi for me. Only problem was it was a car and I had a double-buggy and could we collapse it....no!!


'Nana, I want to get out'


So off went the taxi...thankfully I had brought lunch with me so the grandees had 'meals on wheels'..lol..


'Ok, time to torment my brother'...

By this time you can imagine, after over an hour of waiting, my patience was wearing a bit thin. There are only so many songs you can sing to entertain the grandees....But my hubby didn't give up and sent a mini-bus, was I pleased to see that...You may ask why I didn't just go home, I nearly did, but I wanted the children to have some normality in their lives after the weeks they have had....plus I'm stubborn..lol.....

Bless them, within minutes they were asleep....No Korenza's hair didn't turn blue despite the cold weather..lol..goodness knows what it is!!!

Well, we all arrived safe at their nursery, Flying Start, in Camborne. Thanks to the excellent staff there who were understanding about our late arrival. And a special thanks to Mark of Acecars for getting us there and my hubby for arranging it...and that was Wednesday but on Friday I went to Truro....




A small stream running under the road I was walking up....or should I say hill..

My destination at the top of the road!!!

Finally arrived....

No, I'm not in trouble, my son was attending the Family Court and I joined him there for support. Good ending for the time being.....




'Oh no, I've now got to walk down the road'..lol..

Mind you, the view from the rear of the Court is good, this is Truro Cathedral

Some flowers seen in Truro late November



But not all the days were as busy. I did get to spend some quality time with my grandees...



What a smile from my youngest grandson Blake....

A visit to the park on a cold and wet day....the grandees loved it

As day turns to night....near where my son lives...


Hopefully the next few weeks will be uneventfull, I have not even started getting ready for Christmas yet....ha well. Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy xx


No comments: