*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Monday 9 January 2012

Hello From The Hovel....


*******************************

******************************

Hello folks....I have been trying to post here since last week but with one thing or another I have not managed to do so until now. The main thing has been my having flu and being very poorly with it, which has left me with hardly any hearing, so say what you like about me, I won't hear it..lol..


It may be because I have been ill that I feel very cold at the moment but according to The Wildlife Trust spring as come early because flowers are already begining to bloom due to our mild winter. I personally can't wait for the warmer weather.....


How did your New Year go? Well ours at the Hovel went with a bang, literally....Over the last three years we have had a sting of bad luck and I was hoping 2012 would be the start of good luck for us or at least an improvement...Wrong!!!


2012 was not quite five hours old when bad luck visited The Hovel in the quise of a drunk driver who decided to 'park' next to our car......


Ours is the Pajero on the right!!!

Fortunately that is brake fluid on the road not blood


My husband works for a taxi company in St. Ives, which is a busy place on New Year's Eve. Due to this he thought it would be safer to leave it at home.......

I decided to stay up and wait for hubby, so there I was with my feet up, mug of coffee and watching a film. At about 4.50 am I suddenly heard a sound of a car which appeared to be going very fast and then an almighty bang.....The result you can see in the photos. For legal reasons I cannot say much about the incident (I seem to say that a lot on here..lol..) but surfice to say police officiers, recovery vehicles and a clean-up crew later we were still up and wide-awake when daylight came (hubby having left work earlier than he intended due to this).....



Thankfully the diver appeared to be wearing a seatbelt


The force of the impact pushed our car onto the pavement...all I could think of when looking at this was that my house need painting..lol..


Damaged the right wheel, etc.....


These are strong, sturdy cars..


The offending car's bumper flew some distance....



Hubby Andy talking to his insurance recovery driver....

As you can imagine my husband was very upset. It was a beautiful car in great condition. These things come to try us I know but I think we would like a break now...lol...


I would like to say at this time a big Thank You to the Cornish police, both drivers of the two recovery vehicles and the clean-up crew from Cormac. All were amazing....


A lighter moment in all this however was when one of the police officers noticed my neighbour's door across the road was open....so as any good police officer would do he went to investigate. I had to laugh when all I could see was him walking up the stairs with his flashlight. They didn't wake up until he identified himself in their bedroom...lol...


BMW X5, Curtsey of the insurance company

Andy was pleased when his insurance company provided a car until is claim is successful. He is so lost without one. So we have been able to get out and about. So today, Monday, we went into Penzance to look at some cars, we are keen on either a Galaxy or Chrysler voyager, we'll see....but before we went I opened my Facebook page and was shocked to see a photo of me...lol....

Taken at a friend's flat...me aged 28 and pregnant with my son and with my own natural hair colour....do not look like that now..lol..


I have recently got back in touch with a very dear friend and he decided to post this...payback time I think, I have some photos of him..lol..But back to our trip to Penzance and as you can see the sea was very calm today...

Taken late afternoon...



Retail Therapy at the Wharfside shopping centre...still some Christmas lights up.

Andy waiting patiently...this photo does not do the lights justice, they are really pretty

I was very good, I only purchased some clothes in the sale for my grandees...honest..

On our return home while having tea we watched the first episode of the UK Biggest Looser and I was shocked to discover that Angie Dowds, the trainer in the series, had died at Beachy Head, Eastborne, in November 2011. I really liked her, she was an amazing, inspirational woman. Very sad....



Angie Dowds

On to a lighter note, I did have my two oldest grandees stay a night or two before Christmas and I took them to see Santa at Pratts Market, Hayle. Poor Korenza was very poorly but she insisted on going (it was my granddaughter's gift to me...flu) and Dylan was not impressed at all about going to see Santa but he soon cheered up.....

Dylan wrapped up warm...

A very poorly Korenza...


Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy xx


5 comments:

VLR said...

Chrissy, I've so enjoyed reading your blog. I'm trying to learn how to use Google's various 'tools' and just clicked on a 'see previous' arrow and there you were! Serendipitous :) We live in Southern California, USA, and I'm working on our plans to visit England, Wales and Scotland in May for our 25th anniversary. We were there on our honeymoon. Anyhow, love your blog. I too am a 'hoarder' if you will but it's all GOOD stuff I say! Antiques and family heirlooms. Hubby has his collection of garden rail-road 'stuff' so can't complain too much :) Cheers and Best Wishes for a positive change in your New Year after such a bang-up start! Vicki

KernowWitch said...

Hi Vicki, glad you found me and thank you for your comment. Appreciate it that you like my blog, would love to post more but time can be hectic!!! Nice to find a fellow 'hoarder', fun isn't it. Hope you have a great time when you come to the UK and the weather is kind to you, won't be as warm as California. Going to pop over & say hi to you. Best wishes to you also...Hugs Chrissy x

KernowWitch said...

Vicki, how to I see your blog? Thanks x

VLR said...

Hi Chrissy, I don't have my blog up and running yet :( I started with a single post last June and haven't been back to it. Busy year! So now I'm trying to educate myself on how to do something that looks good but finding education time is tough. You've done a very nice job on your site utilizing photos and cute little icons or whatever you call them. I'm guessing you've been doing this for a while and I'm a neophyte. I'll let you know when I have something that I think I'm willing to let anyone see ;) Vicki

KernowWitch said...

Hi Vicki, that would explain it...It can be time consumning but enjoyable. If you look at my links you will find the sites I use for clip-art, pics, etc. I bought a photo programe to creat my own art work but have not had the time yet to experiment. I have two other blogs which are slightly different but they reflect my complex personality..lol..Good luck with your blog, if you need any help just ask..Take care, hugs Chrissy x