*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Friday 11 November 2011

Remembering Why We Wear A Poppy


******************************

******************************



Welcome to the Hovel on this day of Remembrance. A day where this year we remember the fallen at 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month in 2011...This is why we wear the red poppy to remember those who sacrificed their lives so we could live in freedom then and now....



'With Best Love from Jack'

The War Memorial in Hayle, Cornwall
Showing the names of the men of Hayle who died in WW1 & WW11


Until we meet again I'll pray for you,

Until the clouds depart, and the skies are blue;

Dark tho' the night may be, love's star will reign,

God keep you true to me, untill we meet again.


GOOD-BYE, DOLLY GRAY

I have come to say good-bye, Dolly Gray

Good-bye Dolly, I must leave you though it breaks my heart to go

Hear the rolling of the drums Dolly Gray

Have you heard the way he died Dolly Gray


Let us also take the time to remember all the animals that took part in war


Animals in War Monument, Brook Gate, Park Lane, London
(Curtsy of www.animalsinwar.org.co.uk)


Eight million horses, mules and donkeys died in WW1 and many mules served in WW11. Hundreds of dogs and 300,000 pigeons served Britain in both world wars. Many other animals also served in these wars including camels, oxen, cats, etc....
They did not know why they were there but served with loyalty and dedication with the men and women fighting for their country's freedom...
~~~~~~~
It is with gratitude and respect that I am thankful that they did for without them I would not have been blessed with the family I have. Thank you for allowing my child and his children to live in freedom today...








My darling grandson Dylan, that smile says it all...


My adorable grandaughter Korenza. Although a sad look I think it's a beautiful image..


Enchanting


I love the expression on Dylan's face..


Korenza with her daddy, my son Christopher....The things you do for your kids. Korenza insisted that her daddy wear this all the way home from nursery. And he did..lol..


Until next time, take care. Hugs Chrissy xx






************
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,

England mourns for her dead across the sea.

Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,

Fallen in the cause of the free.

~ Laurence Binyon ~

************


No comments: