*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Thursday 17 November 2011

A Cup of Tea in the Rain...


***********************

***********************


Thanks for dropping in at the Hovel. The days are certainly wet and colder here in Cornwall, which is to be expected with winter just around the corner....

~~~~~~~

Well, I have had a busy few weeks, especially when I was preparing to have a hand operation. Yep, back for another op. I've never been to a hospital so much as I have in the last two years, if not for me then for a member of my family. I joke I should have a room named after me..lol..

~~~~~~~

I was only in for the day thankfully and fortunately they were able to do it this time. I was booked in to have my hand operated on in October but I had a cold so they sent me home. Luckily I only live ten minutes walk from the hospital, St. Michaels in Hayle, a lovely hospital with brilliant staff.

The reason for the op was that I had a trigger finger and a large splinter embedded in my thumb, thankfully both on the right hand...Yep it hurt when the local wore off and I also had a general anesthestic. You can imagine the fun I had with being right-handed!!!! Hubby was a gem though, especially the first few days when I had to wear a sling...



Cumbersome thing!!!!

The guilty hand


Thankfully it is on the mend but I am still limitted with certain actions, carrying bags, etc. But it doesn't stop me having a drink of tea or coffee, as can be seen below....






Yes, you guessed correctly, it is outside in the rain!!! But I was sat under a umbrella..lol.. I was in Camborne waiting for my son who was attending a family meeting. Yep, he is a single-parent again but with three children this time. It's been a difficult time as you can imagine but he is coping brilliantly....



At least I had some greenery to look at while waiting...


It will be sometime before I sit outside drinking tea again however...

Talking about cafes brings to mind another favourite one of mine. I have mentioned Johnny's Cafe in Hayle before but did not show any photos, so I will now....



Johnny's Cafe across from Hayle Harbour on a warmer day..


A place to relax and have a coffee and cake...Yes that is sunlight you can see!


Discovered during renovations so the owner decided to leave it like this, I'm glad she did..


Old school desk. I feel old, I had one very similar when I was a school!!


Nice rusty radiator


The cafe was originally a house and next door was a organic shop owned by the same person. The owner decided to knock through downstairs and open a cafe. As she did she discovered some interesting features and left them as they were. All furnishings are mis-matched and work well together. I would love to live somewhere similar...hang on I do, it's called the Hovel..lol..Seriously, if you like rustic you will love this place....



Another gem revealed, hidden behind years of paper and plaster..




To the Ladies we go..


On a wall inside the Ladies, an appropriate saying..lol..


Great baby-changing area..


Now I'd like to take you outside to show you where I usually sit with a hot drink or snack....


I may sit here so I can look towards the beach in the distance..




Or I may sit here so I can glance across towards the harbour to see the boats waiting for the tide to come in...




Interesting seating but I've never sat here


I love this table..


Well, unless it remains dry I will not be having tea and cakes outside for a while. Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy xx




No comments: