*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Valentine's Day.....Hello from the Hovel

************
************
Hello Everyone, yes it’s me...What can I say!!! MIA is not the word. I have been so BUSY the last six months that sadly I have neglected my blog. I have wanted so much to post here but at the end of a day I have been so tired that all good intentions to do so have been lost in my need to sleep......poor excuse I know but true all the same.....But here I am and on a special day also. Not only is it a day for romance but my 55th birthday (did I really say that!) and my 14th wedding anniversary...phew that’s an achievement.....And what a good day hubby and I have had. It’s been a while since we have been able to spend a relaxing day together...alone. Yes, we still have our son and two grandchildren living with us. Love them to bits but time alone is very rare..........
************


Can’t beat a bit of chocolate....mmm....
Should have seen the state of Charlotte’s hand, Dylan only wanted to share his chocolate..lol..
Ok so the bib is pink but the t-shirt was safe..hehe.......

************

This girl knows how to eat chocolate.....

************

The weather here was cold but dry with a nice winter sun. My pleasure today was walking along our local beach. I felt so invigorated afterwards I forgot my advancing years........

************



Godrevy Lighthouse can be seen in the distance

************


The above view greeted us as we walked towards the beach. Godrevy Lighthouse, which first operated in March 1859, inspired Virgina Wolfe to write her book 'To the Lighthouse'.....

************



Beautifully carved stone seen in the sand dunes....


************

Dynnargh
Saint Gothian Sands
Local Nature Reserve

************

Walking back to the car
St. Ives can be seen in the distance

************

No Valentine’s Day would be complete without a romantic meal out so we went to our favourite place The Baltie King. Here by chance we bumped into Charlotte’s brother Ben and his fiancée Steph and so we joined them at their table. It was a great night with lots of laughter. You may remember Charlotte, my assistant Nutty Nanny...lol.......

************


Steph and Ben...Ben doesn't normally look this Dreamy...lol...


************




************


Yes I got some flowers, a lovely bouquet from Charlotte’s mum and dad....

~~~~~~~~
I do have lots to tell you and I hope to keep my blog up to date from now on....There has been some good times which I hope to tell you about over the next few weeks.....

~~~~~~~~

Until next time take care....lol...Hugs Chrissy x


************




2 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Well Crissy, I am so glad you are back...I have missed you...happy birthday and happy anniversary and happy valentines day.>)

KernowWitch said...

Glad to be back Gina and have some normality in my life again..lol..
Tys for the greetings, another year older, HELP!...Hugs Chrissy x