*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Wednesday 1 July 2009

Happy Canada Day.....

*************************
*************************
Hello everyone, what a glorious sunny day we have had here in Cornwall. I am so enjoying the sun, a sight I thought we would not see again....
~~~~~~~~
This is a short post today just to wish our Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day.......Hope you enjoyed your national day, a day in which you celebrate the anniversary of the July 1, 1867 enactment of the British North America Act. Now before today although I knew that there was a Canada Day I did not know why, shame on me....But it is a day to celebrate because on this day in 1867 Canada was united as a single country........Enjoy your day...
***************

Snowbirds Over Parliament 2008 (wikipedia)
***************
The above picture reminds me of the Red Arrows displays we have here in the UK.....I'll be back soon to tell you all my news, both old and new. Take care until next time...lol....
~~~~~~~~
(The date should read July 1 but who knows. Did you all say White Rabbits this morning...lol...)

No comments: