*************************************************************

Welcome to The Primitive Cornish Hovel. A place where I will share my love of prim, vintage, family history, many interests & everyday life. I hope to show you a glimpse of a bygone age through the history of my family & the many 'treasures' I hold dear. Mixed in with this will be snippets of life today. Do drop in again for a visit to see what is happening at 'The Hovel'. Comments are welcomed.

*************************************************************

Thursday 26 June 2008

Hello From the Hovel


Hello again from the Hovel. After being gloriously sunny yesterday it’s back to being overcast and very humid today!!!! Thankfully I took time out from de-cluttering yesterday to go to Penzance and travelled there by train. As I approach Penzance the view of St. Michael’s Mount never fails to amaze me and yesterday was no exception. With the sun shining and a slight breeze the Mount looked magical within its surroundings..... Below is a vintage postcard of the Mount that I have in my own personal collection, this picture does not do it justice. I do have a lovely one of the Mount with the sun shining but it would mean looking through my many photographs and we know what happened last time!!!!!.....

Here is another vintage postcard that I have in my collection, this time an aerial view of St. Michael’s Mount....

However a walk to the mount would have to wait for another day as an appointment was looming, so off the train and away I went... Later I did my usual visits to the charity shops. Ok I know I’m de-cluttering but what harm is there in just looking!!!!! Alright, so you’ve caught me out, I didn’t go home empty handed. Let’s just say I didn’t buy any files...hehe....but I got some great material from my usual shop in Green Market, now that I do need, honest....

Once back home I did the usual to unwind from a busy day shopping.....relax with a mug of cappuccino of course...bliss... but before embarking again on my quest of defeating the Files I decided to relax by checking some of my favourite sites......and came across this great blog The Stitching Room, what an interesting blog to visit. Apart from some beautiful crafts this lady takes some amazing photographs. On her travels she also takes her friend and assistant Mel!!!! He seems to have a great time and gets up to all kinds of tricks....so I thought that I should have an assistant to help me with my de-cluttering!!.....mind you Harry is not that happy about staying indoors helping me. He wants to know why Mel get’s to see all those fun places......do check out this blog and say hi to Mel from Harry...lol...

Harry doesn’t seem too unhappy and thanks to his help I was able to go to Slimming World tonight...not only am I losing clutter but I’ve also lost some weight, 2lb to be exact...not a lot but going the right way, just like my clutter.....Until next time...lol...


2 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi thanks for visiting me I'm glad you enjoy Mel we were out and about yesterdays so will post about it soon. I love Cornwall my husband is English and I spent some time in England. Have a great day.

KernowWitch said...

My pleasure Leanne, thanks for dropping by. I won't mention it to Harry that Mel's been out & about again....
Cornwall is a magical place, glad you think so too...Chrissy